Tuesday, July 15, 2008



Well, it's been exactly one month since I last posted, and I must say, it's been a month of great frustrations and great joys! While I won't go into the frustrations here, I will share with you some of our joy, in the hopes that it may brighten your day, as it did ours!
I got this great idea from an online class through My Scrap Shoppe, for a summer journal. The idea came from a mother who wanted her kids to continue writing (and thinking) over the summer, so she made them each a journal to record their days. Well, I thought it was a great idea, and made one for myself. Then I got the kids (Brett and Khai) to pick patterned paper themselves, and we sat down one Sunday afternoon to make them. I had materials ready for Justin, because I wasn't sure if he wanted to do it or not, but I wanted to be prepared in case he did. We sat down to make them, and asked him if he wanted to or not, and he said yes!! I couldn't believe it, my almost 17 year old sat for 2 and a half hours to make a summer journal, and he has actually been using it! Kelsey was away camping that day, so I made one for her, and I am now making one for Declan as well as my nieces and nephew. Once I'm hooked on a minibook, I'm hooked!
Anyway, here are some pictures of our books...







..

And those are just 4 of them!

A great project to do together, plus we spend some time together every day writing in them...well Khai and Brett and I do...Kelsey and Justin pretty much do their own =) We also went to the Winkler Aquatic Centre this past week! I have NEVER had so much fun with the kids! We had such a great time, it was incredible.


There were also two family birthdays, Brett who turned 11, and Khai who turned 4. Like I said, there were some great joys this past month!

More later this week...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nicole- you silly girl, you didn't tell me you had a blog. I LOVE it! It will become one in my Favourites folder! We should really get together one day, although I know it must be a busy time for you with everyone off of school (as it is here!). We're off on holidays for two weeks - leaving on Saturday. yipee!