Monday, August 18, 2008

Nostalgic

I was reading a friends blog this morning, and I saw wonderful family pictures of them on vacation out west, and it made me long for last summer! This summer, Helmut's back has been so sore, that we haven't been able to do any of the things we'd planned to do with the kids. No camping, or road trips, or really anything out of the city. While we have gone many places that we've enjoyed, Helmut really hasn't been able to join us; it's been mostly me taking the kids.
It makes me sad because this is the only year I'll be off on mat leave, and all the kids will still be at home.
However, we are counting down the days until his surgery, and then a month later, he and I are off to the Kansas Motor Speedway for a Nascar race!

11 days to go...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Praying for a great outcome of the surgery and a speedy recovery. You're all in my thoughts and prayers...Kim