Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cars and trucks and boats! Oh My!

Last Monday, I watched my first car be towed away.  If you've ever been to our house, you know that there were two cars parked in our driveway; the black one and the green one.  The black one was my car.  My very first car.  It's the first (major) purchase I ever made.  It's the car I was driving when I met Helmut.  It's the car I was driving when I took Khai home from the hospital.  It's the car Michelle and I galavanted around Winnipeg in. It had memories attached to it.  
The black car was also my sister Michelle's first car.  She loved it almost as much as I did.
But, it's time in the sun was LONG over, and so we donated both the black car and the green car to Teen Challenge.  The big flatbed tow truck came and Khai and I sat on the deck and watch them tow away the cars.  Funny thing though...the memories are still here. 
(The green car was Kelsey's first car.  I don't know if you have the same memories of your first car Kels, but I took pictures for you too, just in case!) 


Oddly enough, the space that was vacated in the driveway, by getting rid of these two vehicles has been taken up (as I mentioned in my previous post) by a new-to-us BOAT!


Helmut and I are thrilled by this new addition (you'd think we were having another baby! HA!) and we can't wait to take it out on the water!



The kids are just as excited as we are.  We had lunch in the boat the other day (at the request of Brett) and the kids "hang out" in there quite a bit as well.  It really has been a family bonding experience, and I'm sure it will be even more so once we actually get it into the water!!

No comments: