Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tonight.



Tonight I will be going to bed with my heart over-flowing. 

Tonight, I got to have dinner with Kelsey.  We need to do that more often.  I miss her.

Tonight, I got to play a game with Michelle, Justin, and for the first part, Helmut.  And, even though Michelle and Justin do not know the difference between identical and siamese twins, it was a fun game. (More on that game in another post.  We used the chalkboard bubbles, so you know right there that it was fun!)

Tonight, I received confirmation that Brett cares whether we're proud of him or not. (Sometimes it's hard to tell with teenagers and it is heartwarming to know that he does care)

Tonight, I played tic-tac-toe with Khai on my iTouch.  Gone are the days of pencil and paper, but here to stay are the good times with my son.

Tonight, I had to put Declan back into bed 16 times, change one dirty (and stinky) diaper, get 2 cups of milk, take away one stuffed animal (because he decided that one bear was not required on his bed), and make sure that it was his Zhu Zhu pet, and not Khai's that was going to bed with him.  Tonight, I received countless hugs, numerous smiles and a couple of looks that could make even the hardest of hearts melt. 

Tonight, my husband made me feel attractive and desired.  Tonight, my husband made me laugh.  Tonight, my husband made me remember why I fell in love with him in the first place.  Tonight, Helmut and I felt loved by our family and by each other.

Tonight, I am grateful for a Lord who has given me so many good things, and who promises to continue to work all things for an eternal good in my life.

Tonight, I will go to bed in the middle of a winter wonderland, with my family around me (or nearby in their condo), with my heart full of laughter and love.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a wonderful "tonight" Nicole!