Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day.....

Today was a terribly busy Father's Day for us. We had a WHOLE lot of things going today..including our nephews confirmation, Khai's piano recital and a Father's Day dinner at my in laws.

I have to say, I appreciate Helmut SO much as the father of our kids. He is not only an amazing father to them, but a wonderful husband to me.

I'm sure most of you know this, but Khai is biologically my child from a previous relationship. His sperm donor (as we like to call him around here) wants NOTHING to do with him, and never has. Helmut has now legally adopted Khai, and Khai knows no other man as Daddy, except Helmut.

Helmut wants and loves Khai. Period. There is no denying that he is his father. And I could not have asked for a better man for the job.

I know I've just talked about Khai so far, but let me just say that he is an amazing father to all of the kids. He kicks their butts when they need kicking (figuratively that is :P), supports them when they need it, and is still able to laugh them out of a bad mood.

Thank you, my dear husband, for being the man I've always dreamed of for our kids.

I love you. More than you know.

No comments: