Friday, September 24, 2010


"...I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address..."

Granted, that is NOT what Tom Hanks is saying to Meg Ryan in this particular still of the movie "You've Got Mail", but that sentiment is one I remember each and every September 22nd.  The first day (or is it the second?) of my favourite season.  Fall.  And though my mis-guided sister recently dissed this beautiful season, my heart remains unchanged. 

I love the falling leaves.  I love the "bite" in the air.  I love sipping tea on my couch while blogging, with the window open just enough to keep me comfortable under a blanket or in a cozy sweater.  I love sweaters.  I love writing letters.  Somehow, letter writing and fall seem to go hand in hand, in my head.  Maybe it's the idea of new school supplies that makes that correlation for me. (And, just for the record, I write my Grandma letters...real letters...as often as I can.) I love being able to have soup for supper.  I. Love. Fall.

1 comment:

mich said...

you mean candace i hope. i love fall i'm just not finished with summer...