Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1st.

We've been waiting and waiting for snow.  I love snow. ( Just not the cold that accompanies it.)  Today, it finally snowed, but, unfortunately, none of it stayed. 

One of my favourite memories from my childhood is sitting in the living room with the blinds open, darkness outside, with the exception of the street lamps and watching the big, soft, white flakes lazily float to the ground. 
I remember the Christmas tree lit up behind me, as I sat with a blanket on my lap and a book in my hands. I've spend most winters/Christmases as an adult trying to recreate that feeling, if not that exact same setting (except the book only in one hand and a cup of tea in the other) in my own home. 

Tonight, I attended a Holiday Chocolates class with my lovely friend Hilda.



These are the wonderful treats that we made! They taste just as good as they look!

 I still have 30 more days to hope and pray for snow and hopefully many more evenings at home to enjoy it.

What do you enjoy doing on winter evenings?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'll eat your yummy looking chocolates on a winter's night! Great job!