Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3rd.

Picking out the tree. 
Usually, I go to the nursery in jeans and my jacket and I freeze; I don't enjoy being there and I end up saying, "I don't care! Just pick a tree so we can go home and get warm!!!!"  This year, determined to not only pick the best tree but also enjoy the process, I put on my ski pants, my warmest jacket, a big scarf and my mitts and off we went!
We had such a good time!  Khai and Brett played a hybrid of tag and hide and go seek, Justin helped me not drop the trees (when I didn't get a good enough grip on them while standing them up) in between holding Declan and chasing Declan, and Helmut walked around telling me why I couldn't have any of the trees I wanted. 
Of course, we ended up picking the first tree that Justin and I had looked at, and it's home now and I LOVE it. 
Can't wait until tomorrow to decorate it!

Oh, and on a side note, I'm completely obsessed with finger knitting.  I've made 8 garlands today already.  And I'll be making more as soon as I get off this computer.


Some of these pictures suck, and I think I love them even more because of that.
The ONLY damper on the evening was the fact that Kelsey couldn't join us.  She had to work, but she will be with us tomorrow evening when we decorate!
See you then!!

No comments: