Saturday, August 7, 2010

I think the costumes really made the performances.

Thursday night, this one and I visited the Warsaw-Polish Pavillion where Magda was dancing.  It was wonderful! 


I love watching Magda dance, and though the food (perogies, kielbasa, pork cutlet, barley - my personal fave- and veggies) was good, the dancing was AMAZING.

I apologize for the crappy pictures, but the ambassador table was right in front of us and it was difficult to get good pictures :(  But that's Magda, second from the left (above).


My favourite detail of this dance was that some of them wore shoes, while others were barefoot.  It was beautiful and reminded me of an ATM that has a surcharge, when it was previously surcharge free...oh, sorry, that's a different story altogether...it reminded me of spontenaity, carefree days and a joy for living.  It also reminded me of Italians smushing the grapes for wine with their feet, for some reason I think that's beautiful.  Little details like that touch me.  This one certainly did.


Because I couldn't get a decent picture of her during the performance, I took this one after.  Justin looks impressed, doesn't he??


Oh, I love you guys!! I love that you know how to have fun together.  I love that you are maturing together.  You are a pleasure to be around.


And lastly, I purchased a BEAUTIFUL necklace from the cultural centre upstairs.

The Warsaw-Polish Pavillion gets 5 stars from me, (the costumes get 10).

No comments: