Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the house next door is for sale...


On my way home from dropping Khai off at camp, I was struck by a sudden desire to live within walking distance of a lovely little cafe. 

I would love to walk there every morning, with my  reusable coffee sleeve; get a white mocha or a chai tea latte; spend some time with my journal (while my perfectly well-behaved 2 1/2 year old sat quietly in his chair beside me, drinking his apple juice) and write my lists for the day.  Then, after a relaxing 45 minutes, (or an hour and a half), I would walk leisurely back home and get on with my day.

In the evening, Helmut and I would walk together to get an evening coffee, probably with some kind of cake on the side.  We'd talk late into the evening and return home relaxed and blissfully content. 


Maybe someone will buy the house next door and turn it into a cafe!
Someday.

No comments: