Saturday, July 31, 2010

*ryan* the waiter and the adventures of geisha girl

oh. my. goodness.   I have had one of the best days ever.  A huge thank you to my friends Hilda, Nichole, Heather and Kim who made this day possible!  (and of course to my hubby for watching the kidlets while I galavanted!)


I complied with the kidnappers request and I was waiting outside my house at 11:50 on the dot.  Brett kept trying to convince me that the unmarked vehichle I was waiting for, was actually the bus.  Ha. Ha. Ha.

Hilda pulled up at around noon, with some astonishing news! The kidnappers had contacted her.  They had instructed her to have me blindfolded and driven to a secret location immediately.  I couldn't stop laughing. 

Once in the vehicle, Hilda and I chatted like the old friends that we are.  When all of a sudden, she burst out laughing.  Apparently, people were staring at me.  And laughing.  I was blindfolded, remember?

She described several things to me along the way,  a car which had crashed into a tree on the boulevard, some girls with shiny pom poms and a sign for a car wash and  a bunch of naked people (were you serious about this one???) .

We arrived and she came around to my side of the vehicle to help me out.


Then she said (and remember I'm still blindfolded - that's the blue scarf over my head), when I tell you to run, we're going to run across the road!  Seriously? Run across the road? Blindfolded? (I found out later it was Corydon Ave...those of you who live in Winnipeg know how CRAZY that is) But, yes.  That is exactly whaat we did.

After making it safely across the road, I was led, in what felt like circles, to our destination.
Some guy said, "Whatever you're doing, have fun doing it!" as we walked by.




We were at Fresh Cafe.  And I was standing in front of 4 of my closest friends.


What a great surprise!! Plus, Geisha Girl was unharmed. 



I love love love love surprises.  And this one was one of the best ones I've ever had. 


We had a great meal together, complete with *Ryan* the waiter who kept my glass full.
Thanks you guys for such a great surprise!
But, my day wasn't over yet!! All of the ladies had cards for me.  Heather had hand made hers (LOVELY work!), Hilda's said on the front , "Warning: Contents may settle over time" and had a picture of two old ladies in bathing suits, and Kim and Nichole's had a little note inside saying that they had purchased me the earrings from my *dream* etsy birthday list! 


Thank you so much ladies! I appreciate each and every one of you!
So, after being treated to lunch, we then wandered down Corydon to browse at couple shops.  I tried on 2 dresses and a pair of boots.  I bought the boots, and I think they are SO much fun!!!


We continued our walk about 2 meters to the left, and entered Posh Nails, where we all got pedicures (or manicures).  They had these WONDERFUL massage chairs and I seriously almost fell asleep.




Then we all went for gelati. 

Ladies, I can't thank you enough for today.  I had so much fun!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

What a fabulous afternoon! Thanks for making me laugh today. Love ya!

Kim said...

It was a fun afternoon, and a great way to celebrate a wonderful 30 year old friend!

Hilda said...

I am so glad that you got geisha back unharmed!!!