Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 3rd, 2010


Picking a tree is always one of my most favourite things to do.  This year was no exception.  We got our living room tree from The Home Depot, because that is where Helmut got my tree for me.  They are beautiful and reasonably priced. 

It's wonderful to hear bits of what the kids remember about previous years.  This year, Khai remembered playing hide and seek in the trees.  At the place we usually go, they have trees set up outside with a fire in a garbage barrel, and there are lots of hiding places. (They are nowhere near the fire, just for the record.)  They also play tag in amongst the trees. 


Khai was very upset, initially, when no one would play tag with him.  I was about to offer to play tag with him, but Brett saved the day just in time.  (Thanks Brett!) Which worked out well, because Helmut and I needed to actually pick out the tree!


Have I mentioned that my husband is the best husband in the world? No? Allow me to mention it then.  My husband is the best husband in the world.  He moved like 8 trees, just to get to our perfect tree.  Which, by the way, looks amazing in our home.

This year was even more special, because we got to help Kelsey pick out her first tree for her an Kyle's new home!


It is lovely, and I was excited to be able to help!  I remember the first "on my own" apartment I had.  It was great to be able to make it into a home. 


I love this picture.  Can you tell that Helmut really wanted to get out of there?  Or that Declan hadn't let Kelsey put him down for most of the evening?

The kids had each been given a little advent box earlier in the day.  Inside was $3.00 in change, which is enough for a hot chocolate and a donut at Tim Horton's.  After we'd dropped off, and helped Kelsey set up her tree in the stand, we headed over to Tim Horton's to get a treat!




A great end to a great evening!

No comments: