Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Daily/Journal Your Christmas


This is the second year that I've done Shimelle's  "Journal Your Christmas".  I was excited about it last year, and I think I am even more excited about it this year, because I actually feel like I have the Christmas spirit!

I didn't necessarily follow the prompts last year, but I was certainly inspired by them.  I didn't create a physical book last year, I just did my posts here on my blog (that is, until my computer crashed and I lost all my photos!)   2 years ago, I created this album,


and wrote exactly zero words and put zero pictures in it. (In truth, that year was one Christmas that was quite miserable for me...I didn't really want to remember it, so I'm okay with that).  I don't know what I'll do this year.  I had a book picked out, but I'm starting to like the idea of an 8 1/2" x 11 binder with page protectors.  We'll see.

I am a person who is so scared of forgetting things that I tend to write down/take pictures of every little moment.  I love Ali Edward's idea of telling one story per day in her December Daily, but it's a good thing I do a "rough draft" every day in another notebook, because my stories end up being novels.  It's how I tell a story verbally too, I include lots of (too many) details, my Mum stops listening after 30 seconds (seriously) because she wants me to "get to the point already!".  And then when I tell her that I've told her that story already, she says, "Yeah, I wasn't listening. You were taking too long."

I am the kind of person who likes to plan things. So, I have a tentative schedule of things that I want to do with the kids each day.  Some are very simple, like today's is to make Christmas lists.  Others are crafty in nature, and others are just activities we will do together. 

I want to remember each day, whether my planned activities work out or not. 

Will I care about the details in 10 years? Or will I just like seeing the activities that we do each year, and those that are unique to one year in particular? I don't know.

So, what do I want to do for this year? 

Well, the easiest thing for me, and therefore the one that is at first, most appealing, is to simply blog here every day, (the day after) and keep this as my record.  However, I am desparately missing the feeling of putting paper, words and pictures together.  But, do I have time (or will I make time) to spend every day making a scrapbook page?

I don't know.

There are an awful lot of "I don't know"'s in this post.  I'm still figuring things out, but for now, I will post each day here. 

Happy December everyone!

No comments: